Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Everything Is Awesome!!!! (Engagement Edition)

It was a Saturday after-noon and Matt had been at my house for a little bit playing Sky Landers with Gabriel while I got ready for my birthday dinner. Matt said he wanted to take me to our favorite place in Stafford UMI Japanese Cuisine. I didn't know what to wear, he said we might walk around the strip mall so I decided to not wear heels, and I didn't want to "out dress" him. So I wore whatever was comfortable.

We headed to Stafford and he took a back way to show me how they were changing the road, since we had time. We came to Willa-mere Park he said he used to play soccer at and he asked if I wanted to go for a walk and look around. I was fine with whatever. To me, we were just hanging out. It had been a busy few weeks and I just wanted to spend time with him.

We talked about the park and the baseball fields and we saw a tree just before the soccer fields. The tree was in the middle of a grassy area and looked pretty cool. We were quietly walking up to it and he stopped. I said "what are you doing?" and he got down on one knee....

 Photo by Becca

He said "Mandy, will you marry me? I love you so much!"
I was completely surprised! I did my excited laugh and I couldn't help but hug him. I said "aw. Matt, yes of course!"

 Photo by Becca


 Photo by Becca


I was so happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 Photo by Becaa

 Photo by Becca

 Photo by Becca

 Photo by Becca


We took some more photos, including silly ones, with our hiding photographer Becca and we talked about how he had planned it and all the logistics. 


 Photo by Becca

 Photo by Becca

 Photo by Becca

 Photo by Becca

 Photo by Becca

 I like our story with the ring. Back when we were talking about getting married Matt had asked what kind of ring I wanted, and I really did not know because I am not a big jewelry person. I did some searching and ended up finding a heart shape one in the price range I wanted. I went to look at the ring and try it on multiple times (actually pretty much any time I went to the mall!). I saw a few other styles that were cute and my type of personality. But if you know me, you know nothing trumps a heart for me!
After work one day Matt and I were at the mall and we went to look at the ring together. He liked it on me, and that made me feel a little more confident that I might possibly know what I want. But still, I wanted to leave it up to him to make the choice. I trusted he knew me very very well and would pick the perfect ring for me. He never brought it up after that day.

2 days before he proposed I went to Costco in the mall and decided to stop by the jeweler to make sure I knew my size. That's all I wanted to do. The girl there said she would size me but she couldn't discuss anything else with me. I knew a proposal was coming, but whether that meant days, weeks or months, I had no idea! After that I figured he already got the ring, but I had decided to not wonder about it. You see, early on when Matt and I decided we should look into getting married soon, the proposal part I wanted to be completely Matt's idea and I wanted to be surprised. So even if I heard comments made or I started to wonder, I decided to NOT try and figure it out. After he proposed he said he went to the jeweler that same day to finalize some things!!!!! The girl told him I had been there...and it's so funny to think about that now!

The ring is perfect. I am so happy with Matt's choice and how it came together.

After we got done with pictures at the park we went back to the car and Matt had a play list playing for after the proposal. It included "Everything Is Awesome" and "Everything I Do It For You". As we headed to the restaurant he did show me the construction on the road. I was so hungry and ready for our favorite Sushi and to spend time with my now Fiance. A part of me wanted to let my family and friends know and celebrate with them...when we walked into the restaurant we were led to our seating and as we came around the corner into a room the room was full of our friends and family!!!! I was so surprised yet again! It was so great to be able to share the moment with them too!









 Photo by Becca

 Photo by Becca


 Matt did such a good job! We had talked about who we would want to be there and I asked for either no one, or everyone. And he managed to do both! (of course this did not include out of state friends and family-but a lot of the people close to us knew about the whole thing! Everyone did such a good job about keeping it from me, even though I decided I didn't want to know!)
And so we had time with everyone and ate....

Then there was an addition surprise for more family to be meeting us at Sweet Frog after dinner!!!! We got Ice Cream and socialized and Matt and I enjoyed the company of the people who have been a part of our courtship from the beginning! Mommy couldn't resist an open chalk board with an event like this......and we (including the kids) documented it on Sweet Frog's board.....



 All in all it was a FANTASTIC day!!!! A day I will remember for the rest of my life! A day that Matt and I will look back on and laugh and maybe even cry seeing how our relationship has grown and how much love we are surrounded by.

This is the start of the next chapter! We will continue to keep planning our wedding as we have for months now. There's a marked road ahead, and God is our captain. He will light the way and speak to each of us how to navigate. It's okay to be on a new road, and it's also okay to completely trust God. Doing both, brings great reward.

I'm honored to be an example to those who read this and those who have been watching my life for years and years. Matt and I thank you for your continued support and prayer!

We are real people...and we may be a little silly....

 Photo by Becca

 Photo by Becca


To God be the glory! His will be done in our lives :)

Our hash tags:

#manfitzengaged #manfitz

Photo's by Becca:




1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on you engagement! May God continue to bless you and Matt as you prepare for your wedding and a new life together. God's Blessings to you both.

    ReplyDelete