Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Being God's Girl


Ever since I was 10 years old I have been God's Girl. I fell in love with Him in those 10 years prior through His teaching and love and examples of lives around me. At 10, was when I decided to be sold out for Him, for my identity to be in Him and to follow Him down any road or path that He called me to. I knew I could trust Him and I made it a point from 10 years old onward to study His Word and share His truth and live my life for Him.

In studying His Word starting so young and deciding to fully follow Him, throughout it I gained so much wisdom through His Word. I didn't have to go though trails to gain the wisdom, His Word gave me His perfect wisdom. 

I spent the rest of the years studying marriages and relationships around me and attended women's bible studies even at the youngest age of 13 where they opened up about their marriages. I don't claim to know everything about marriages, or about God, but I have been blessed to know more than most of my peers throughout my life. I'm not bragging about this, I'm pointing out the truth of being tutors of God at a young age, it really makes a huge difference. When we seek Him and really devote our whole lives to Him, He takes that seriously and He delivers! I've been able to have the blessing of that. I'm very thankful to be able to share that truth in the midst of our current society that says wisdom only comes from experience and trails, it doesn't. It comes from God, and even people with experience and trails still may lack true wisdom. 

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom and the knowledge of the holy One is understanding" Proverbs 9:10

This doesn't make be a better follower of God than any other believer, but if someone is working and making money and someone else isn't working and isn't making money, the person working has something the other person doesn't. We get what we put into things, and that is what I believe God wants to point out here. 

"If you call out for insight and cry aloud for understanding and if you look for it as for silver and search for it as for hidden treasure then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God. For the Lord gives wisdom and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding" Proverbs 2:3-6

So if you were ever doubtful that God actually changes lives and teaches us His ways when we seek Him, let me be that example. 

It may seem crazy to some, and for most of my friends it did at first, but God spoke a lot to me in my teen years about things that I wouldn't fully know the blessing for until I was an adult. Example: when I was 12 I felt led to compose a list of qualities of a man that would be fit for me; my husband. At just 12 years old God wrote out guidelines that would be my hedge of protection and would lead me to my husband. Those qualities are what made my husband stand out from all other men, and yes, my husband has all of them. Sound crazy? it's not, it's God. God can do crazy things when we seek Him, things even beyond our age or understanding.

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding but in all your ways acknowledge him and he will make your paths straight" Proverbs 3:5-6

"Do not let anyone look down on you because you are young but set an sample for the believers in speech in life and love and faith and in purity" 1 Timothy 4:12

There is so much wisdom God poured into me through His Word and through awesome people He placed in my path, wisdom I am now reaping the benefits of. It was beyond my circumstances as a young person, but now as a married woman, as a sister, as a daughter and soon to be as a Mom I am applying the lessons I learned. When talking to older married people they seen so shocked at the wisdom I share, and when they express their awe of my outlook, I have to tell them..."it's actually God He taught me at a young age". 

So no matter where you are in life, no matter what age, there are awesome benefits to seeking the Lord...the best benefit is where we fully follow Him, are sold out for Him and are willing to do anything He tells us to. It takes trusting beyond our own understanding and calling/seeking Him as if for treasure. The benefits will go beyond current curcumstances, and through His teaching and applying it, we can avoid additional hardships, and through the application of His perfect wisdom He uses even the trials for our benefit.

My story is just a small part of His amazing works. 
He does change lives! He does hold up His end when we seek Him! :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment