Thursday, March 6, 2014

One of my favorite verses...good is good, I want BEST!

I have some verses stuck to my wall in my room. When I lift up my head to look at them I remember the times I jotted them down and what made me want to hang them up as reminders.

One big one in my life has been Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart"
That verse carries so much personal meaning to me and it pulls me back to those intimate times with the Lord where He spoke His truth to me through times of struggle. Today, that verse is taking me a little deeper again.

Am I truly delighting in Him? Is He my joy and my excitement and my anticipation? Do I spend my thoughts, time and energy thinking about Him all throughout the day? 
You can't even say the word "delight" without thinking happy thoughts and maybe smile a little bit. Does God's name spur on happy thoughts and a smile? 
I am really starting to dive deeper into this verse again and really check myself to see if I am still living this out. It's message conveys that God's will is not to withhold good from me. His will isn't even to withhold my desire from me. It's to give me the desires of my heart. But what are the desires of my heart? Not of my flesh, not of my mind, not even of my emotions. My heart. My very core. There are lots of things I want in my flesh and my ability and my situations. But what does my heart desire? What does it long for? Money is ruled out. Time is ruled out. Ability is ruled out. People are ruled out. Achievement is ruled out. Being praised is ruled out. What is really my desire in my core? From where my life flows, what does it long for? There's really only one answer; God.
And once I am fully delighted in Him, He continuously and abundantly meets my desire every single minute of the day. Don't get me wrong, I have plenty of other small desires...but none of them will happen unless they are in God's plan and He knows the perfect timing for them...so I desire for His plans and His ways of doing them because I know that He will make them the best!

Please don't miss the intensity of these personal intimate verses. God wants our delight...for Him and only Him to be the one we give our time, energy, thoughts and yearning to. And He longs to give us the desire of our heart...the true desire only He can fill...Himself. He doesn't just give like a vending machine so don't treat Him that way...Let Him run over your cup over and over and over again. He not only has good...He has the BEST in store for us. Good is good...but best is wayyyy better and if we just delight in Him with all that we are, get ready to be blown away by our powerful, loving and life-changing God :)

"Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we can ask or imagine (desires) , according to His power that is at work within us (delighting)" Ephesians 3:20

"Call to Me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know" Jeremiah 33:3

Go study His Word and take delight in your King, your Redeemer, your Savior, your Lover, the Desire of your heart. It's all about Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment