Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Today's heart prayer

Jesus, 

I don't know how you walked this earth seeing people actively ignoring your truth and turning against you...you have all the answers and yet they passed right by you searching in their own selfishness. You have the answers. I see people ignoring you and searching for their own wants even though they say they are searching for you. It breaks my heart because you are right there, your word is right there, and your perfect plan for us is written out and accessible to anyone, yet they still walk away from it. You are the answer. Yet, I can't say anything by their terms because I'm young, unmarried and I haven't faced trails like theirs. I'm not the one with the answers, you are! But no one wants to pay attention to you. They don't want to do the hard right thing. They just want their own way. People are being selfish to each other, parents are neglecting children and wives are disrespecting their husbands and husbands have lost their voices. It doesn't make sense God. And no one wants to hear your truth just because its hard. 
I don't know how you hung there in agony dying for the sins of people who messed up their own lives and rejected your freedom and how you could say in your time for pain "forgive them".
The great thing is...I don't have to understand, I don't have to save anyone, I'm accountable for my own self and the choices I make. So make me a living voice speaking your truth for all to hear, barely using my voice. 
Make me a mirror of you, pointing others to your face. To your freedom. To your forgiveness. You are the ONLY way and I pray for transformation right now in the lives of those hurting from sin. I pray they would learn to love each other, invest in their children appropriately, respect their husbands, and love their wives. Please help someone make the right move first and remove the enemies lies of comparisons and "deal breakers". Renew minds. Change hearts. Make your truth known. Stop the enemy. Call out the lies. Unveil eyes. Make a way! Intercede! Convict! Restore! 

Through the saving blood of Jesus Christ and continued freedom for ever, Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment