Monday, August 31, 2015

The Triangle

My life is no longer one line up to God, my life is a triangle. It connects and grows and moves.

As I respect and honor my husband, I am doing it as unto the Lord.
As I submit to my husband, I am also submitting to God.

 God speaks to my husband about how to lead our family, how to protect and provide....

And as my husband listens to God and protects, provides and leads our family, he becomes the umbrella over me, protecting me from life's storms, as he makes the decisions...


If I try and tell him what to do, or go against him, I would be stepping outside of his umbrella...

A good God-honoring loving husband, needs the support of God-fearing gentle encouraging wife who respects him.

Whether or not people believe this or live it out themselves does not change the fact that it is true and how God intended it to work at it's best. There are many marriages that are not right with God. Wives who disrespect and dishonor their husbands, husbands who are cold and unloving...but their failure in seeing God's design does not change God's design. I have made the decision to be a submissive, respectful wife to my husband, because I know as I do that I am doing it unto the Lord. The way I treat him, shows my true heart towards God's love and grace. Even if I disagree with my husband I can pray for God to speak to him.

As I pray for my husband, he can then be encouragemed to seek God....

And as God speaks to my husband...I can be the one blessed by his obedience...


This is just one part of the beautiful creation of marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment